Teacher training in Ontario will be bumped up to two years starting in 2014, says the provincial government.
The Liberals, who promised the move during the 2011 election campaign, began consultations with education groups on Wednesday about the change.
Three to four additional sessions are planned for April and May.
Teachers typically earn a four-year undergraduate degree and then spend another year at university completing their bachelor of education. (Ten of the 13 universities with education programs also offer the degrees concurrently so students can complete the two at the same time.)
The Liberals have said more training is needed given the challenges and increasing demands teachers face. The expanded program, the details of which have yet to be finalized, will include more practical, in-class training for new teachers.
- scottlikestoast reblogged this from teachersworldwide
- jotmatt likes this
- glittertrance reblogged this from teachersworldwide
- slightly likes this
- jurassic-park0ur likes this
- qbnscholar likes this
- geofaultline reblogged this from iamlittlei
- geofaultline likes this
- captcreate reblogged this from teachersworldwide
- miloandlolathehipstertwins likes this
- monsterpoptart likes this
- apoesiaeeu likes this
- auz likes this
- pantherofroughstorms likes this
- teachersworldwide posted this